(This post contains affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.)
Almost everyone tends to care about their face, regularly exfoliating, moisturizing, applying face mask and creams but they forget to care about the other parts of the skin. This is the time to give your attention and you can do it through dry brushing. It is good for glowing skin and also helps to remove cellulite from the body by boosting oxygen into the blood. Dry brushing for cellulite is the great way to get rid of it with other benefits for the skin. So, let’s see what is dry brushing.
Dry brushing is brushing the skin in a particular pattern with a dry brush which helps to diminish the appearance of cellulite, aids in removing toxins from the body and promote toned and supple skin. This process of dry brushing is done before showering.
Our skin is the largest organ and to help our beautiful skin, there is one simple step we can add to our morning routine that can greatly improve the health of skin – “the dry brushing.”
The benefits of dry skin brushing go beyond skin deep, offering whole-body benefits to your health. Let’s see how dry brushing works for skin?
Cellulite is the appearance of cottage cheese skin predominantly seen on the legs, butt, stomach, and back of the arms. Everyone hates it. It’s just normal fat beneath our skin. It looks lumpy because it pushes against connective tissue, causing the skin above it to pucker. That’s why we can have it whether we are heavy or thin.
Dry brushing helps stimulate the cells and break down toxins from beneath the skin. It does increase the blood circulation which helps the extra fat to flush out from skin which is the major reason for having cellulite. Blood circulation also helps other organs release toxins, but our skin does not have that additional boost to help rid of toxins itself, so dry brushing is necessary to get rid of those toxins and bad fats inside our body.READ Vitamin C Rich Blueberry And Kiwi Smoothie For Wrinkle-Less Skin
When we are young, dry brushing doesn’t necessary because the skin automatically renews itself but when we are in our late 20s or after 30s, it becomes necessary to exfoliate our skin to get new skin cells. Dry brushing helps to exfoliate dead skin cells and unclogs the blocked pores. Clogged pores can lead to ingrown hairs and acne, which is why dry brushing is needed.
To detox skin, dry brushing is similar to massage. The light pressure against the skin and the direction in which we brush, it helps to move lymph fluid into the lymph nodes so that the waste can be eliminated from our body. Our body naturally detoxes the skin, but dry brushing speeds up the process and at the same time boost circulation, delivering oxygenated blood to the skin and other organs, which helps them do their jobs better.
Lymph is a fluid in our circulatory system and it has white blood cells, so lymph also affects our immune system. It picks up bacteria, toxins, and other waste from our blood and filters it through the lymph nodes, where the bacteria are destroyed. Poor blood circulation means the lymph is not doing its job properly which results in cellulite, varicose veins, and a weakened immune system. Dry brushing improves the lymph flow.
There are a few steps that are needed to dry brush correctly.
1. Purchase a natural bristle (not synthetic or plastic) brush with a long handle so that you can reach all areas of your body. You can go department stores, health food stores, and beauty stores all stock them, or you can purchase one online.READ Your Own DIY Acne Gel That Works
2. Spend about 5-10 minutes on dry brushing, and do it two to five times a week, preferably before bathing. Do not wet the skin. Dry brush your skin while it is dry.
3. Use your fingers to gently massage the areas where the primary lymph ducts are found. The ducts are to the left and right of your groin area and just below your collarbone. Spend only a few seconds on this portion of the massage. This helps open the ducts.
4. Start working on your feet, using gentle, circular, upward motions toward your heart from the tips of your toes, including the tops of your feet, your soles and moving upward, first one side and then the other.
5. Brush each area including waist and chest, several times and overlapping as you go to ensure that you do not miss a spot. Be careful over the more sensitive areas, such as the breasts and avoid the nipple area. It may feel more sensitive the first few times, but your skin will become less sensitive with consistent dry brushing.
6. Do your arms, neck and as much of your back as you can get to.
7. Once you’ve brushed your entire body, step into the shower and bathe as you normally would. After you have showered, pat your skin dry and apply a natural oil like rose hip, olive or coconut oil to your entire body.
If you really want to get rid of cellulite from your life then following tips you should consider in your life seriously including dry brushing remedy.
1. Move or exercise: Start moving your body or find a hobby or activity that requires lots of movement. The more you get up out of that chair and move, the better blood flow you will have and the quicker the cellulite will go away. Do some light exercise or running at least 2-3 times in a week to get bad fats out from your body.
2. Oil Massage and scrub: Give a coconut oil massage to the targeted area to boost up the blood on the affected area. Mix 1 tablespoon of virgin coconut oil with 1 tablespoon of carrot seed oil and 2 drops of grapefruit essential oil and 1 drop of cinnamon oil. Mix well and massage your body 3-4 times in a week. Grapefruit essential oil is photosensitive in nature, so make sure you are not going outside in sun after this massage. You can also do coffee scrub to get a great result in getting rid of cellulite.
3. Drink water: Circulation and hydration work together. By drinking more water, you’ll be naturally improving blood flow, increasing skin quality, and helping the metabolism. Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water every day.
4. Eliminate Sugar and Eat More Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Sugar is one of the primary reason that causes cellulite. It accumulates fats inside our body, poor blood circulation, and poor immune system. Avoid sugars and eat more foods containing omega-3 fatty acids. Include flaxseed oil, fish like salmon, walnuts etc in your diet to boost oxygen in your blood and get rid of unwanted cellulite.
Dry brushing is one of the absolute best things that you can do for the largest organ of your body -- the skin. In fact, dry brushing may help diminish the appearance of cellulite, aid in removing toxins from the body and promote toned and supple skin, advises Ann Louise Gittleman, author of “The Fat Flush Fitness Plan.” Spend about five minutes on dry brushing, and do it two to five times a week, preferably before bathing.
Find a good brush. Department stores, health food stores and beauty stores all stock them, or you can purchase one online. Chose a medium-firm brush that’s about the size of your palm. Make sure it has natural bristles, not synthetic ones, and a long handle. Brushes with goat, vegetable or boar bristles work well, advises Howard Murad, author of “The Cellulite Solution.”
Use your fingers to gently massage the areas where your primary lymph ducts are. The ducts are to the left and right of your groin area and just below your collarbone. Spend only a few seconds on this portion of the massage, Gittleman advises. This helps open the ducts.
Start your brush massage on the soles of your feet. Use a vigorous, circular motion.
Apply fast and short, upward strokes as you move the brush over your feet and then legs. Continue brushing upwards as you get to your buttocks, waist, stomach and breast areas.
Use the circular motion on your palms, then move on to short, upward strokes again as you brush your hands and arms. Move to the neck, and begin using downward strokes. Go out to your shoulders, down your back and down your breasts, stroking toward your heart. Avoid brushing your face.
Avoid using any exfoliants during your shower, either chemical or mechanical, because this will irritate your skin after a dry brushing session.
Lose Weight. Feel Great! Change your life with MyPlate by LIVESTRONG.COM
Using the best dry brush for cellulite on daily bases. You will improve the lumpy appearance in your skin and forget about the bad circulation in your body.
The dry brushing is a cellulite treatment which consists in massaging your dry skin with a special brush.
This allows the stimulation of the cells in your skin, improving your blood circulation. Following a daily routine of a dry brushing massage two times a day you will see results in just the first week.
It is important that you follow the proper technique to realize this cellulite treatment. Take a look at this quick guide to learn the proper way to do a dry brushing massage.
Some people suggest that you can use almost any kind of brush for your skin. But there are dangers with some materials that can hurt your skin giving you the opposite results that you are looking for.
This is why we recommend the Purest Palm Body Brush by Earth Therapeutics as the best dry brush for cellulite that you can find.
The Purest Palm Body Brush is made of 100% Japanese palm fiber, which makes it completely organic. It is firm with dense bristles to effectively remove the cellulite of your body.
You can even use it for a wet massage if you want. This is an indispensable item if you want to improve your blood circulation to banish the cellulite away and effectively remove the toxins from your body.
This is definitely the best dry brush for cellulite for you. The completely organic composition and the firm handle makes it just perfect to massage your body. A quick 10-minute massage before taking a shower can make a huge difference. Make the choice to change your body and say goodbye to the cellulite forever.