Cellulite affects 80-90% of women, but scientists still aren't quite sure why it forms. That's why it can be difficult to treat. Homemade cellulite creams, however, may help to minimize the appearance of cellulite.
While there is still much to discover about cellulite, there are some recognizable causes. Scientists know that it occurs due to pockets of fat that have squeezed between bands of tissue, causing visible dimples on the skin. These bands of tissue, called septae, are structured differently in men and women, which is why cellulite primarily affects the latter. Contrary to popular belief, cellulite isn't necessarily tied to weight. Women of all sizes get cellulite because even a small amount of fat can push through flimsy female septae, leading to unwanted dimpling.
Cellulite is largely a structural problem, caused by the fat beneath the skin. There are topical treatments that can improve the appearance of cellulite by strengthening the outer layer of the skin. When skin loses strength and flexibility, which occurs due to age, the underlying structural tissue becomes more visible. Essentially, thin and sagging skin makes the fat pockets more pronounced.
Making a homemade cellulite cream is simple, and it's more cost-effective than buying high-priced cellulite creams.
Coconut oil contains fatty acids, which moisturize the skin and reduce inflammation. It also contains antioxidants, which help to protect against skin damage caused by age and environmental stressors.
Grapefruit seed oil, on the other hand, contains bromelain, a digestive enzyme that helps to exfoliate the skin. Because this oil helps to get rid of the damaged outer layers of the skin, it may be an effective way to treat cellulite.
This article was written by an iHerb staff writer.
Gals now are really involved about having clean and beautiful pores and skin. Inside a unique area in the woman physique -the thighs and buttocks- this is extremely difficult to achieve. That’s for the reason that cellulite can build-up, supplying the skin a “cottage cheese” physical appearance. The reason for this issue is cellulite, and also the solution is to use anti cellulite cream.
Some manufacturers of cellulite cream, including Neutrogena, are very preferred amid girls. Nonetheless, this kind of lotions might be costly and may incorporate damaging artificial additives.
The top option is make your very own home made cellulite cream. This will be achieved by a alternatively simple recipe that entails the usage of some substances chances are you’ll have already got in your kitchen cabinet.
This really is is actually a recipe for one thing a lot more similar to a scrub than the usual product. The scrub is made up of two several types of sea salts plus some kinds of oil. It will eventually make the same outstanding consequences as a product and can be pretty much as good as any anti-cellulite cure creams you could obtain at the drugstore.
For making it, you most assemble the subsequent elements:
Salts you may need: Useless Sea Salt and Celtic Sea Salt
Oils you will will need: Vegetable Oil (often known as “salad oil”), Lemon Oil, Juniper Oil, Lemongrass Oil, and Eucalyptus Oil
Other elements: A number of drops of ginger
To begin, put the vegetable oil right into a mixing pan and increase each other oil in to the pan a single by one. When you try this, mix the oils jointly carefully to ensure that issues are pleasant and in many cases. Immediately after making a good oil mixture, you might need to slowly sprinkle both of those salts into it. Mix the salt alongside one another with all the oil inside of a mild manner.
When you are completed, put it in the plastic container which has a limited lid, label it which means you will not accidentally think it is really food stuff, and area it with your refrigerator.
By admin On 10 May 2014 In Uncategorized
Have you looked into using cellulite creams and lotions? You may have been put off by the cost, or maybe you aren’t comfortable with the ingredients used. You can actually make your own cellulite-fighting creams at home for much less money using healthy ingredients. Here are some recipes to try.
1. Essential Oil Cellulite Cream This good-smelling lotion not only pleases your sense of smell; the essential oils used are reputed to help tighten skin and reduce cellulite’s lumpy appearance. * 1 cup unscented body lotion * 1 tablespoon witch hazel (available at drug stores and large retailers in the pharmacy or first aid section)
* 3 to 5 drops each of the following essential oils: juniper, rosemary, cypress and grapefruit First, mix the essential oils with the witch hazel by shaking or swirling. Then add the lotion and stir or shake vigorously.
Use this lotion after you shower and before bedtime, working it into the skin with a circular, massaging motion.
2. Coffee Scrub Caffeine is one of the main ingredients used in a lot of commercial cellulite creams. Using coffee grounds you can apply this caffeine to the skin, and also the abrasive/exfoliant action of the grounds can help increase circulation and skin tone. Here is how to make a coffee scrub for cellulite. * 1 cup used coffee grounds (some sources say you can use the ground coffee fresh, without making coffee with it first. Presumably, this would have more caffeine but may seem more wasteful)
* 1/4 cup sweet almond oil Mix these two ingredients and apply to wet, warm skin in small circles, massaging well.
You can “wrap” the area with plastic wrap and then a towel, leaving the coffee scrub in place for about ten minutes before rinsing. Make sure you have a strainer over your shower drain so it doesn’t get clogged with coffee grounds!
3. Fruit Cream The presence of acids such as tartaric and citric acid in fruits may help reduce cellulite. This recipe also uses sugar, which can act like an exfoliant to increase circulation and tone up skin. * 1 tablespoon sweet almond oil * 3 tablespoons sugar
* 1/2 cup pureed fresh strawberries
Apply this cellulite cream as you would the one made from coffee grounds. It could also be used under a cellulite wrap.