People of African, Asian, Latin and Native American backgrounds know that their skin, hair and nails are subject to conditions that do not affect lighter skinned people. “While most of these are not serious, they may be disturbing, troubling or unsightly,” says Joshua Fox, MD, a leading dermatologist, founder of Advanced Dermatology and an official spokesperson for the American Academy of Dermatology and the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery.
“Fortunately, your dermatologist is well acquainted with these conditions and can help people with dark skin to diagnose and treat their concerns early and quickly,” says Dr. Fox. He offers the following listing of the top skin conditions faced by people of color and how it differs from lighter-skinned individuals.
1. Acne - Many dark skinned women suffer from acne vulgaris, sometimes combined with hyper pigmentation, or skin darkening in spots or patches, which occurs in response to the outbreak of acne. Unlike fairer-skinned individuals, the discoloration plays an integral role in treatment. Surprisingly, these patients are more bothered by the discoloration than the acne itself. Treatments may include topical skin lightening creams for dark spots, sunscreen and topical, prescription acne medications.
2. Dermatosis Papulosa Nigra - These brown or black raised spots, which commonly affect African American women and people of Asian descent, may look like moles or flattened warts. They are always benign, never lead to skin cancer and are not harmful. However, some people do have them removed for cosmetic reasons. Typically, up to 50 percent of Dermatosis Papulosa Nigra patients have a family history of the condition, and up to 35 percent of adult blacks in the United States have it. They are easily removed with minimal to no marks.
3. Eczema - Very common among those with brown skin, eczema is an itchy, irritating rash that can occur in skin of any type or color. However, according to the National Eczema Society, it is found twice as often in black skin. When it does occur, differences in the structure of black from Caucasian skin can cause related problems including excessive pigmentation and a thickening of the skin that can also cause changes in skin color. “Because eczema is harder to identify in dark skin, and is often confused with psoriasis or fungal infections, getting the right diagnosis and treatment can be difficult,” Dr. Fox says. “Once the correct diagnosis has been made, topical medicines are quite helpful.”
4. Keloids - Scar tissue caused by abnormal healing of the skin occurs frequently in individuals with brown skin. Any time dark skin is injured, the risk of keloids is dramatically increased. According to Skin & Aging magazine, up to 16% of black and Asian people suffer from keloids. Keloids can develop immediately following an injury or take a long time to grow. Sometimes they itch, are painful and burning or feel tender to the touch. Treatments include cortisone and other injections, radiation therapy, pressure dressings, silicone gel applications and several types of lasers are extremely helpful. Keloids can also be removed via traditional or laser surgery.
5. Traction Alopecia - This hair loss condition is caused by damage to the hair follicle from constant pulling or tension over a long period of time. It is most common in African Americans who braid their hair tightly, but can also be caused by over processing of the hair through dyes, bleaches or straighteners. According to the National Institutes of Health, some 17% of African-American schoolgirls (6-21 years) and more than 30% of women (18-86 years) suffer from traction alopecia. While this condition can be reversed if diagnosed early, it can lead to permanent hair loss if it is undetected for a long period. These people - mainly women - should change to looser, gentler hair styles and should see a dermatologist. Unfortunately, no medical treatment is available to reverse late-stage traction alopecia; hair grafts, transplants or wigs have been identified as the only practical solution.
6. Melanoma — Those with brown skin often have a false sense of security when it comes to skin cancer. “While increased skin pigmentation offers some protection against the sun’s harmful UV rays,” Dr. Fox says, “melanoma can and does occur,” unlike in the lighter-skinned individual, it occurs especially on the palms, soles, fingers and toes, nails and mucous membranes (such as the mouth or nose). “A new dark mark or a mark that changes in size, shape or color in these areas should be seen by a dermatologist immediately. Even people with dark skin should always use a sunscreen when spending extensive time in the sun,” he says.
7. Pigmentation - Women with brown skin, particularly those of African and Latino descent, have a high incidence of hypertension, diabetes and heart disease and thus take medications for those medical problems. These, as well as other commonly used medications (LIST MEDICATIONS THAT CAN CAUSE PROBLEMS) can cause various types of allergic reactions that frequently lead to hyperpigmentation, or dark patches. While the dark spots can fade over time, women should seek treatment early. Procedures such as chemical peels and skin bleaching, designed to lighten the darkened areas, can help, as can diligent use of sunscreen. The new Fraxel™ is the first laser approved for treatment of melasma - a type of pigmentation disorder of the face.
8. Vitiligo - Skin gets its color from pigment cells. When those cells are damaged or destroyed, they no longer produce pigment, causing white or colorless spots to appear. The spots can grow larger over time and eventually blend together so that large portions of the skin have no color at all. While no one knows why this occurs, many suspect it is related to problems within the autoimmune system. Vitiligo also may be hereditary. While people of any skin color can develop Vitiligo, it is most obvious and therefore debilitating on dark skin. One common treatment is PUVA — a repigmentation therapy involving the drug psoralen combined with exposure to UV light. A simpler, newer and equally efficacious treatment is narrowband UVB light treatment. The newest laser treatment though is that of the Excimer laser 308nm which markedly shortens the number to treatments and spares unwanted streaks. This process help increase the amount of pigment cells at the skin’s surface. Other treatments include prescription-strength corticosteroid cream, light/laser treatments and, in rare instances, skin grafting.
Bio: Joshua L. Fox, M.D. is a leading authority in the field of dermatology with an expertise in skin cancer, cosmetic surgery, and laser procedures. As an official spokesperson for the American Academy of Dermatology and the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery, Dr. Fox has been an expert resource on dermatologic topics for numerous television networks including ABC, CBS, CNN, NBC, including local broadcasting television spotlights, Telemundo, talk shows, radio stations, newspapers and magazines. Dr. Fox has served on the board of the National Rosacea Foundation and has done clinical trials in both medical and laser therapy in Rosacea. He has received multiple research and clinical awards including recognition from Top Doctors, Who’s Who, Journal of Dermatologic Surgery and Oncology, Community Service Award from the American Society of Dermatologic Surgery, the prestigious Husic Award as well as certificates of recognition for service from multiple hospitals, civic, educational and community organizations. Dr. Fox has authored and presented papers of his research on lasers, cosmetic procedures, stretch marks, scars, skin cancer, bug bites, photosensitivity and various rashes.
As founder and director of Advanced Dermatology and The Center for Laser and Cosmetic Surgery, Dr. Fox and his associates have expanded the practice into one of the largest in dermatology, laser & cosmetic surgery with more lasers than any hospital or university center on the eastern coast. Dr. Fox is a graduate of the New York University Medical Center -Skin and Cancer and has been on the advisory board of the Psoriasis Foundation and National Rosacea Foundation among others. He has also been a fellow of many societies including the International Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, International Academy of Cosmetic Dermatology, and the Society for Investigative Dermatology. Dr. Fox is the founder of the AAD Melanoma/Skin Cancer Prevention Program in Queens, New York since 1987. Dr. Fox has been Chief of Dermatology of several major teaching hospitals including Mt. Sinai Hospital of Queens and Jamaica Medical Center and is currently on the staff of ten NY area hospitals. Dr. Fox and Advanced Dermatology the Center for Laser & Cosmetic Surgery have been used as a resource center educating dermatologists, laser surgeons, & cosmetic surgeons and others about lasers, cancer and cosmetic surgery and has one of the few Laser & Cosmetic Surgery Fellowship programs in the country. Dr. Fox is also the founder of the non-profit New Age Skin Research Foundation which participates and provides many research activities on unique issues of the skin and their causes or cures.
Free consultations are by appointment only by calling (514) 845-3336, by e-mail, or by completing our form. In response to your questions, one of our technicians will advise you on the number of sessions that are better suited to you, having identified the type of cellulite that affects you.
(covered by most health insurance as therapeutic massage)
As a professional esthetician, I have spent years exploring various methods and techniques to solve the complex problem of cellulite, and have finally found a tool and methodology that generate results quickly. To share this solution with you, I now specialize in these treatments, using the LPG system.
At the Centre, thanks to the LPG device, our team effectively treats cellulite by balancing and reshaping the body, this high-tech machine helps rid you of cellulite without risk, and this without pain or surgical trauma!
Lipomassage by Endermology is practiced by a licensed technician, and during the treatment, you wear a special pair of tights. The LPG suction system massager grasps the fold of the skin between two rollers, similar to a rolling massage technique which facilitates elimination by dislodging blocked fat.
The LPG is computer-controlled and programmable; the technician is therefore able to select the intensity adapted to your individual need. The sessions last approximately 45 minutes and the frequency varies from one to three times per week, with a 48-hour rest period between appointments.
As per your wishes, before and after the treatments, measurements and photos may be taken that allow you to judge for yourself how remarkable the results are. Some patients eventually dress one or two sizes smaller!
The changes are made on the regions of the body that need it the most without reducing the volume where it is not required, such as the face and breasts. However, the effects vary according to body type, physiology and dietary habits of each person. Furthermore, by its relaxing and calming effects, Lipomassage by Endermology is stress-free—a natural technique that revives the body!
Thanks to the cutaneous gymnastic that restructures the connective tissues, this technique revives the bloodstream and the lymphatic system, and facilitates the elimination of toxins. Lipomassage by Endermology sets in motion a natural process of eliminating unwanted fat by toning and firming the skin.
Why the dimples?
The dimpled look of cellulite comes from an abnormal retention at the cutaneous and subcutaneous connective tissue levels. A typically feminine condition, cellulite is the retention of fat in the adipocytes (the fat cells in the hypodermis) and water in the surrounding issues (dermis and hypodermis).
As the adipocytes enlarge, the envelopes that contain these are deforming and pulling on the anchorage points in the skin, creating dimples. At this point, the problem becomes self-sustaining: constricted bloodstream with stagnant toxins, impoverished nutrition, and tissues become engorged causing a loss of elasticity and fibrosis. Due to this condition, these neglected and inert cellulite-ridden areas become resistant to physical activity and diets.
The results: a thinner, slimmer, firmer, smoother and cellulite-free body. As a bonus, the treatments are completely natural and non-aggressive, which provides you with well-being and relaxation.
In fact, Lipomassage by Endermology’s strongest attribute is its simplicity. The treatment does not require any surgical intervention, or the taking of any chemical substances. Its sole purpose is to revive the body. Lipomassage by Endermology is a new, natural curative approach that provides undeniable results.
In addition to its esthetic and therapeutic effects, Lipomassage by Endermology has numerous anti-aging benefits. Adapted for all ages, it is particularly effective in dealing with the effects of time. In fact, as years go by, circulatory problems tend to worsen, the skin loses its elasticity, fatty deposits may stretch the skin, and wrinkles appear.
By increasing circulation, Lipomassage by Endermology restores the trophicity of connective tissue, and improves the skin’s appearance and tone. Lipomassage by Endermology is a source of well-being that allows for a graceful aging process, both physically and psychologically.
Information on Cellulite Reduction: Cellulite affects thin women as well as those who are overweight and sometimes becomes even more visible after weight loss.
Are you ready for the summer?
Reduce your cellulite with Body endermologie® and you’ll feel more confident in your swimsuit and summer clothes than ever.
A safe, FDA-cleared massage treatment, Endermologie uses a patented roller system to reduce the appearance of cellulite. There’s no need for invasive surgery: you can leave the salon straight after your treatment!
The treatment is 100% natural and uses no chemicals, and can be used to treat any area of the body – even the face.
This massage-based beauty treatment reduces the appearance of cellulite and tones the skin, without any invasive procedures or long recovery times.
After a series of sessions, you’ll notice a reduction in the appearance of cellulite and see that your skin looks more radiant. Once you’ve achieved the desired look with your first Endermologie course (usually takes about 12-16 sessions), you can book individual sessions to optimize and continue to improve on the initial results.
Endermologie Body endermologie® stimulates dormant cells by using a patented roller and pulsation technologies. The rollers and suction system manually stimulate fat cells for deep tissue mobilization to reduce the appearance of cellulite.
It improves lymphatic circulation, tones the skin, and also contributes to a 70% increase in the release of fat cells, also known as lipolysis*. The roller movements help to re-densify your skin, too, with studies showing increases in elastin (+45.6%), type 1 collagen (+7.8%)**with Body endermologie®.
Body endermologie® is non-invasive and doesn’t hurt. You may feel a strange sensation at first, but it is not painful. Many people even find the massage is relaxing.
The sessions will always be carried out by a fully trained professional, so you can lay back and relax during your treatment.
Body endermologie® is entirely non-aggressive too, so you won’t be left with any visible bruising or have long recovery times (unlike traditional liposuction).
A single session of Endermologie takes about half an hour, and it is recommended the first time you try this treatment that you book at least six to ten sessions to see the best results.
Your first session will take a little longer as your treatment specialist gets to know you. Allow some time to register with your salon and discuss your treatment needs with your specialist, so that they can make sure you’re getting the most out of your Body endermologie® sessions as possible.
Body endermologie® is suitable for a wide range of people, from busy moms with little time to exercise, to people who just need a little extra help alongside a new healthy diet regimen to reduce the appearance of their cellulite.
The massage-based treatment can also be used by those with sports and rehabilitation goals in mind, or people with connective tissue pain issues.
Beauty salons around the country offer this fantastic technology; find your nearest salon here.
Do you run a beauty and wellness salon? Are you looking to introduce Endermologie Body endermologie® to your offering? Get in touch today to find out more.
*USE OF MICRODIALYSIS TECHNIQUE TO ASSESS LIPOLYTIC RESPONSIVENESS OF FEMORAL ADIPOSE TISSUE AFTER Endermologie®. LAFONTAN M.
**Mechanical stimulations and facial skin rejuvenation: a randomized simple-blind study with biopsies Philippe HUMBERT1
Endermologie is an exciting treatment that’s well-suited for spas, physical therapists, chiropractors, and other businesses. If your enterprise is offering this procedure or considering adding it, you can apply these marketing tips to promote the service.
Reviews and testimonials are the most powerful marketing tools for beauty services like Endermologie. People will naturally want to talk about their positive experiences, but you should also incentivize customers to share honest reviews online.
Referrals are one of the best ways you can grow your business. When loyal customers refer other people to your business, the new customers you generate will become just as loyal, giving you even more opportunities down the line. By offering incentives for customers to make referrals, you are creating happy customers through word of mouth and honest reviews. Companies like Airbnb, Dropbox, and even Facebook have all used referral programs and become very successful in the wake of their efforts.
Once you have some happy customers, make it easy for them to return for additional treatments. Bundle treatments or offer discounts for your loyal clients. This motivates them to return, and it gives them a reason to try different services and share the results.
Who doesn’t love a good selfie? Social media users certainly do, and since Endermologie helps people look their best, they’ll get online ASAP to share their results. Make sure your company has a presence on platforms relevant to your industry to help people caught up in the hype of a friend’s successful treatment find you easily. Of course, you should do more on social media than simply starting a page. Respond to all posts, whether someone is sharing a positive story, asking a question, or complaining.
In addition to being active on social media, you can start a blog. This will help you stand out as a thought leader in an industry, and it increases the chances that a potential customer will find your website in search results.
Encouraging a group to come in for treatments is a great way to attract multiple clients at once. Plus, you’re increasing your chances to generate organic marketing through personal recommendations and reviews.
Endermologie is providing astounding results. Indeed, thousands of people are signing up for these treatments every day. If you’re ready to start offering Endermologie, reach out to Endo-Systems for products, training, and other services.
Any enterprise can profit from word of mouth advertising, but it’s especially beneficial for businesses that offer endermologie and other beauty services. This is because customers who are happy with their results are a trustworthy source that friends, family members, and potential visitors will gladly rely on. Here’s how you can get quality referrals from current customers to bring in new customers.
Incentivize Customers to Recommend Your Services
Do you want customers to share a positive experience with your endermologie treatments? Though they might mention their results casually to friends, you can incentivize customers to be more deliberate by offering discounts on return services or other deals or freebies to encourage them to leave a review online.
Note that these recommendations must be sincere. Don’t just incentivize positive reviews. You need to encourage customers to be honest about their experiences and the results. People are adept at spotting phony recommendations and shallow advertisements, and promoting insincere reviews could drive customers away.
Make It Easy to Share
Customers won’t share their experiences if it’s not easy for them to do so. You need to meet users on every platform where they might come across your business, from social media channels to Google search results and on sites like Yelp and Angie’s List. When you incentivize your customers to share, tell them where and how they can do so, such as retweeting one of your promotions on Twitter, sharing your page on Facebook, or leaving a review on Google.
Thank Your Customers
If a customer refers your business, thank them for doing so. Respond to all positive and negative reviews, and you’ll build a fantastic image online.
Customer referrals are a great resource for any enterprise, but they’re especially important for businesses offering beauty services and results that people will want to brag about. If you want to start offering endermologie treatments, reach out to Endo-Systems today.
Endermologie and CoolSculpting both reduce the appearance of cellulite without undergoing an invasive surgery. Learn about the differences between these techniques to better understand how endermologie® works and see whether starting an endermologie® business or adding these solutions to a current enterprise is viable for you.
|Treatment Description||Endermologie® uses mechanical cellular stimulation to target dormant cells and cellulite dimples, firming the skin, reducing fat, and smoothing cellulite. This service is delivered via an endermologie® machine, which has rollers and a suction system that a specialist uses to treat customers.||The CoolSculpting treatment works by a process called Cryolipolysis®. The fat cells in the treated area are crystalized (frozen) to the point where they are damaged and die – a process called apoptosis, or programmed cell death. Over time, your body naturally processes the fat and eliminates the dead cells.|
|Benefits||Non-InvasiveNon-Agressive,Proven Results (100,000 treatments per day)Zero Downtime100% Natural & Effective||Non-InvasiveReduces number of fat cells by about 20-25% of treated areas,Long-term results|
|Side Effects||During: None (Besides Relaxation!)After: No Known Side Effects||During: You may experience sensations of pulling, tugging, mild punching, intense cold, tingling, stinging, aching, and cramping.After: Bruising, redness, numbness, tenderness and in rare cases Paradoxical Adipose Hyperplasia or PAH has been reported (Enlarging of fat cells rather than shrinking and dying).|
|Optimal Results||Initial results are usually seen within 2-3 weeks and full results are expected within 8 weeks.||Results have been seen after 3 weeks but most experience dramatic results after 8 weeks|
|Length of Treatments||12 to 16 sessions that range from 15-35 minutes||45-60 minutes|
|Treatment Areas||Endermologie can be used to treat the entire body, including the face.||FDA-cleared for the treatment of visible fat bulges in the submental area, thigh, abdomen and flank, along with bra fat, back fat, underneath the buttocks, and upper arm.|
|Cleared Claims& Therapeutic Claims||Cellulite ReductionImproved Local Blood FlowReduce Circumferential Body Measurements in treated areasRelieves minor muscle aches and painRelieves muscle spasmsImprove local blood circulation during burn rehabilitation RxRelieves DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness)Reduction of secondary lymphedema of the armImprovement of secondary lymphedemaImprovement of lymphatic circulation in the treated area||Treatment of visible fat bulgesAffects appearance of lax tissueRelieves minor muscle aches and painRelieves muscle spasmsImprove local blood circulationMinimize pain and thermal injury during laser and dermatological treatmentsTemporary reduction in the appearance of cellulite.|
|FDA Reported Adverse Events||None||More than 20|
Endermologie and CoolSculpting offer impressive results, and the fact that these procedures are non-invasive makes them a wonderful service for spas, resorts, massage therapists, and skin care centers to offer.
Learn more about endermologie® and see how you can integrate these solutions for your customers with help from Endo-Systems.
Leading B2B Distributor of Health and Wellness Products Ranks No. 1,412 with Three-Year Sales Growth of 287%
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — Inc. magazine ranked Endo-Systems on its 36th annual Inc. 5000, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. The list represents a unique look at the most successful companies within the American economy’s most dynamic segment— its independent small and midsized businesses. Endo-Systems is a leading B2B distributor of today’s most scientifically advanced products in the industries of aesthetics, beauty, health, rehabilitation, and wellness. Due to exceptional growth, Endo-Systems achieved a ranking of 1,412 and boasts a three-year growth rate of 287%. Learn more at https://www.inc.com/profile/endo-systems.
Continue reading →
With the new patented Alliance treatment head, endermologie® stimulates the skin and fatty tissue to soften them. At the same time, this stimulation targets fat and to activate blood and lymphatic circulation.
endermologie®: the only 100% natural, non-invasive, non-aggressive mechanical skin stimulation technique that targets cells’ processes.
Cellulite, which affects 90% of women (even the thinnest and most athletic), is the result of both fat storage in adipocytes (fat cells) and of water retention in the body. As the adipocytes grow, the connective tissue that contains them (septa) pulls on the skin surface and deforms it. At the same time, circulation is blocked, and toxins accumulate. That is when cellulite appears, creating the inevitable orange peel aspect.
This type is caused by water retention due to poor blood and lymphatic circulation. It is important to drain toxins and reactivate circulatory exchanges.
This type of cellulite is often associated with excess weight. It is necessary to stimulate natural fat release.
This type is harder to get rid of because it has been present for a long time, is compact and often painful.The tissues must first be softened before fibrous cellulite can be removed.
With the new patented Alliance treatment head, endermologie® stimulates the skin and fatty tissue to soften them. At the same time, this stimulation helps to target fat and to activate blood and lymphatic circulation.
Simultaneously, the mechanical action of the treatment head targets fat and tones skin to give it back its tonicity and a dimple-free aspect.
The new Alliance Skin Identity Sensor adapts the stimulation to each individual type of skin: the intensity of the treatment is optimized, and the skin is still respected.
The new patented LPG® treatment head combines the motorized flap and roller with sequential suction, which work together to thoroughly stimulate and mobilize tissue.This alliance enables multidimensional stimulation so as to boost various physiological mechanisms simultaneously.
After just 3 sessions, cellulite is reduced (67%*), giving way to smoother, softer skin.
*DERMSCAN Endermologie® study, 2016
LPG® ENDERMOWEAR – PATENTED TECHNOLOGY
LPG® endermowear is an exclusive technical outfit that allows for deep massage and optimal visibility of tissue during endermologie® treatments.
Light and breathable, this personal outfit permits a more intense impact and ensures a perfectly comfortable treatment.